Briefly in English
HELSINGIN MELOJAT - HeMe
HeMe is a registered kayaking/canoeing club established in 1993 and based in Helsinki.
We have about 500 members and around 100 canoes and kayaks for their use located in our bases in Mustikkamaa in Eastern Helsinki and in the Rowing Stadium (Finnish: Soutustadion) in Western Helsinki.
We offer members - during the paddling season
- Evening and Sunday paddling from our bases
- Weekend paddling at sea, training trips...
- Long expeditions in Finland and other countries
- Training and information
- A club contact person available every Tuesday between 5 pm and 6 pm (summer months only) at the rowing stadium base.
Our main focus is touring and recreational paddling. We accept new members provided that they have attended our paddling courses and rescue training. Our club is based on voluntary work - everyone does his or her share.
The club's kayaks are only available for members’ use. For outsiders we offer paddling courses which also provide a way to become a member of the club.
We neither arrange paddling activities for non-members - for these services, please contact nearby event organizers and kayak rental companies - nor do we participate in competitions.
We offer members - when the sea is frozen
- Training in small canoes in a swimming pool including rescue training, paddling skills, and eskimo rolls
- Special theme evenings